• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting effexor cold turkey - starting 10 day fast - benzo withdrawal aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpunkySkunk347

Bluelighter
I was on paxil (paroxetine) 40mg daily for like a month and a half and it wasn't working so then they violently switched me over to 150mg XR (75mg XR twice daily) of Effexor over the course of 3 days in the mental ward. Oooh wasn't that fun. Fuckers.

Anyways, I have been on effexor for about a month. And I have been more manic than shit. I have started cutting myself, getting overly emotional (or having way too little empathy, one or the other), and throwing manic fits.
Simply put, I need to get off this shit. I am sick of dealing with psychiatrists, especially when it comes to antidepressants. So I am doing this on my own. Cold turkey. Fuck tapering.

I am also going on a spiritual 10 day fast as of today. I can only drink water, or a non-caloric beverage that has some sodium value to it, or I might add small amounts of sodium to water once every few days to prevent over-hydration. There is no changing my mind on the 10 day fast, please do not try to convince me otherwise it is a religious thing.

I am also coming off of a month long benzo binge (something like 150mg of klonopin, 20mg of lorazepam, and an unknown amount of zolpidem over the course of a month.) So if I get benzo withdrawal, my neurotransmitters might go into overdrive (good or bad thing when it comes to SSRI withdrawal?)

Anyways, I realize that all these things at once is going to crash my serotonin levels and going to skyrocket my anxiety.
Are there any supplements/substances that would help?
I have 5-HTP supplements, which I was considering taking to help serotonin levels.
I am also going to get some (some being the key word, not going to get addicted) opiates to help with the anxiety.

Also, I realize I am going to feel like shit probably for the next 10-20 days atleast. When can I expect to feel normal (or close to it) again?
I just want to be done with this stupid ass medication that is making me a manic fuckwad, and be myself again. Oh god, myself, wouldn't that be nice?

Any advice appreciated.

I am also going on a spiritual 10 day fast as of today. I can only drink water, or a non-caloric beverage that has some sodium value to it, or I might add small amounts of sodium to water once every few days to prevent over-hydration. There is no changing my mind on the 10 day fast, please do not try to convince me otherwise it is a religious thing.

First, Effexor cold turkey withdrawals from 150mg are very similar to having constant, random electrical shocks jolting your body and making your heart skip. Second, benzo withdrawals are worse than you think. Mental anxiety is the least you have to worry about - there is a very real threat of seizure and at least the possibility of death (benzo withdrawal alone carries this risk, I would assume the risk is multiplied when withdrawing from a high dose of Effexor).

Not eating during this will cause you to die.

You say that you want to go this on your own. Fair enough - you're tired of psychiatrists monopolizing what goes inside your body, I've been through the same thought process before. But by not eating during this, you are going to land yourself right back in the constant care of psychiatrists, and they will think twice about letting you out of their sight for a while.

You are asking people for advice regarding what supplements to put in your body during this. I fail to see how food is different from other things you can put in your body, with the exception that food will save your life. Whatever your religious beliefs are, I suggest you take a break because it is apparently the religion of complete self-sacrifice.

Last edited:
IM FUCKING CRAZY RIGHT NO HAHAHA
if i die then my family can sue those fucking psychiatrist bastarrds and my family will be better off
OUCH these FUCKING SHSOCKS TO MY BRAIN FUCKING HURT OUHCH
will some fucking 5HTP FIX THESE FUCKING SHOCKS TO MY BRAIN OUCH

oooooo i found one of my old bottle of klonopin (empty of course of course) but i licked it clean it helped a little bit.
FOR A MINUTE THERE I WAS BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS IN PURE MANIA SEEING COLORS AND SHIT I THINK I AM HAVING A PSYCHOTIC BREAK OH WELL THIUS IS FUN KINDA NOT REALLY LOL

been taking excedrin too cuz MY FUJCKING BRAIN IS BEING ELECTROCUTED THIS FUCKING HURTS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELP ME

WILL 5HTP HELP ME FUCK WHATS GOING ON HELP ME PEOPLE FUCK ALL

OKAY OKAY I HGAVENYT EATEN ANYTHING ALL DAY BESIDES EXCEDRIN, WATER, PEPTO BISMOL, AND TUMS TUMS TUMS TUMS

I SHOULD PROBABLY EAT SOME FOOD PROBABLY WOULD HELP PROBABLY GOING TO EAT some food that has some FUCKING CHEESE ON IT AND I NEED TO GO TO THE STORE AND BUY A LOT OF FUCKING CHOCOLATE TOO

OKAY OKAY I GET IT I NEED TO EAT FOOD
but pizzas take TEN FUCKING MINUTES TO COOK my mind is going at TEN MINUTES PER SECOND RIGHT NOW
i could wealk to the store bvut its BELOW FREEZING OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW AND ID BE RUNNING BAREFOOT because my fucking SHOES ARE MISSING

my family will vbe home in an hour HOPEFULKLKY YTHEY CAN TAKE ME TO THE FUCKING EMERGENCY ROOOM GOD DAMNIT FUCK

okay going to take this one step at a time
took some klkonopinin and its starting to work

going downstairs, going to eat some food, i will be back

oven is preheating but that pizza is a FUCKING RIP OFF
pepperoni PIZZA MY ASS, THERE WAS ONLY 5 FUCKING PEPPERONI SLICES ON THE WHOLE GOD DAMN THING

found some old klonopin pills which i took one of. I was manically cleaning my room and found them. Starting to help. Sorry im going a little nuts right now.
Ill be fine.

If a mod would be so kind as to merge all my posts together?
Actually I think i can do it.

So now, back on topic, what can I do to get rid of these brain shocks? Will 5HTP help? You know, for a while they hurt but now they almost feel kinda pleasurable lol.... in a very massochistic way....

Update: These shocks aren't really painful. More of a weird feeling. Here, imagine this sound as being a sensation in your brain:
wwwwwwwwwWWWWWBBBBZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHPPPPPPPPppppbbpbpbpbbpbbbbwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Update 2: Is it normal to be hallucinating from SSRI withdrawalalsls

Last edited:
lol, the brain shocks are actually pretty cool at first. but after a few days it gets old, and it just feels like you're on some kind of ride that would be better if it stopped. you're just a typical bi-polar drama queen with all of these "is this normal?" and "can I do this" questions, so the answer is always yes and no respectively, you're out of your fucking mind of course so everything's normal, and no taking 5htp is not going to bring you back to equillibrium (it might actually be dangerous).

Also, get some new doctors everyone knows SSRI's just make bi-polar people even more manic, something you (and all of us) should have been suing our doctors for long ago.

btw you can delete your own posts

the_more_you_know.jpg

Last edited:
anti depressants are fucking satan

PLEASE GOD HELP ME FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO GO ON FOR
DAY ONE OF COLD TURKEY OFF MY MEDS AND IM GOING BALLISTIC

dude going cold turkey is a fucking retarded idea, im sorry but thats just plain dumb. You want to take control but run the risk of killing yourself in the process, wow thats liberating...

Do yourself a favor and ween yourself off. maybe 25 mg off every other month or two. Yes i takes this long, ive done it. Thankfully doing it that slowly left me with almost no withdrawals.

Be rational here man, i half dont even buy your posts. If shit was as bad as your making it look you wouldnt be on the computer.

well i was off of klonopin for 3 weeks and it wasnt that bad, i was visibly more shaky than usual and i had chills and tingles down my spine and headaches around the temples. taking .5mg to 1 of xanax a day while skpping 36 hours before a next dose kept my situation more manageable. keep in mind i have been taking an average of 4mg of klonopin for over 2 years. my heart did skip a little, i was easily sent onto the verge of having a panic attack when i became frustrated. to keep your mind off the withdrawls (mind over matter the more you think about your withdrawls, your imagination makes it 10x worse) EXERCISE A SHITTON, eat healthy and try to taper if you can. if not, go to the hospital if you think youre going to have a huge mental/emotional breakdown. you will know if that is happening when you dont think twice about going to the hospital and actually go there.

*sigh* I went to the emergency room.
The doctor I saw there actually listened to what I had to say, thank god.
They gave me a shitload of klonopins, and also gave me a tapering schedule for getting off this satanic effexor.

These withdrawals from effexor make opiate withdrawals look like a fucking joke. For me anyways.

At some point in your life you have to stand back and take control. Why do you need the emergency room to be the first sign you're doing something totally unhealthy and retarded? This dramatic lifestyle is going to land you in a mental institution or dead.

I did a really fast taper off Effexor (225 mg once daily) and went through opiate withdrawl while taking Lamictal, and that shit is amazing. I had hardly any wd issues (no runs, electric shocks, etc) and my moods have been more stable and managable than ever. I know you are fed up with doctors, but if you're willing to give it one last try then I would really go for Lamictal-- you can get off the other stuff quicker this way and with less side effects.

Effexor you devil!

I had trouble could turkying off of 35.7mg! To do that on a higher dose would be madness! Taper!

2.5 weeks later, I still get zaps, have exercise headaches and disorientation...

Status
Not open for further replies.